It’s finally here—FIFTY WEEKS of Lazy Sunday. I started this little feature with “APR Pieces” (the feature of last week’s TBT) one year ago, and today marks the fiftieth edition (that’s what the little “L” in the title means, for those not familiar with Roman numerals).
When I took the blog daily in 2019, I realized I needed at least one or two days of easier posts, as churning out seven totally original posts a week is tough (even writing five is challenging sometimes). Thus, Lazy Sunday and TBT were born. While TBT is a fun way to look back at past scribblings, Lazy Sunday is useful for grouping disparate posts thematically.
Naturally, Sunday is one of the slowest days for views, and I don’t often put a “read more” tag on Lazy Sunday posts, so they have pretty low views overall (I imagine many subscribers read the posts in their e-mails, then click-through to the linked pieces; my limited data from WordPress suggests as much). So that’s all to say that the “Best” of Lazy Sunday is still way below my most-viewed posts.
Anyway, that’s enough sausage-making. Here are some of the most-viewed Lazy Sunday installments:
- “Lazy Sunday XIV: Gay Stuff” (36 views): If ever I lose my job for something I’ve posted, this compilation would likely be “Exhibit A” in the Ministry of Truth and Diversity Reeducation’s case against me for wrongthink. June is now Pride Month, as every television show and Internet advertisement flamboyantly reminds you. And yet, they’re the oppressed ones. When do we get Middle Class Straight White Guy with a Steady Job Pride Month?
- “Lazy Sunday IV: Christianity” (33 views): As much as my readers seem to enjoy reading about outrageous same-sex antics, they also seem to like posts about Christianity and Christian faith. This one is probably due for a sequel, as I’ve written a lot more about the topic since last March.
- “Lazy Sunday XXX: Trump, Part I” (33 views): Speaking of Christianity, the flawed but awesome vessel God has appointed to defend religious liberty is tied for second place with the “Christianity” post. GEOTUS Donaldus Magnus got two Lazy Sunday features, so I’ve really got to get a second one on “Christianity” done.
- “Lazy Sunday – APR Pieces” (28 views): The Lazy Sunday that started it all, featuring my pieces for the blogging portion of the online radio station American Patriot Radio. Note, too, that for the first one I used a dash in the title, rather than a colon. I’ve maintained the dash for the long list of Lazy Sunday features below, but titles since then use the colon. Just a formatting note for you grammar and style folks.
- “Lazy Sunday V: Progressivism, Part I” (26 views): One of the frustrating elements of conservatism today is that we’re constantly defining ourselves against progressivism, rather than as our own, truly alternative worldview. Part of that is because, in the Kirkean understanding of conservatism, it’s not an ideology, and certainly not universal in nature. Progressivism, being an outgrowth of classical liberalism (as most modern conservatives consider themselves to be), is universal—and totalitarian in its universalism. Regardless, here are a bunch of posts about the bad guys.
- “Lazy Sunday XLVI: Man Time” (26 views): The most recent Lazy Sunday to make the list, buoyed in part due to traffic from some popular manosphere sites. It’s ironic that I published this post and my girlfriend dumped me that afternoon. Well, it just goes to show you that the modern-day Sophists of the red-pill world aren’t always right.
There you have it! Six beefy Lazy Sundays to reread and re-enjoy. There are forty-nine other good ones, too! Show them some love.
Other Lazy Sunday Installments:
- Lazy Sunday – APR Pieces
- Lazy Sunday II – Lincoln Posts
- Lazy Sunday III – Historical Moments
- Lazy Sunday IV – Christianity
- Lazy Sunday V – Progressivism, Part I
- Lazy Sunday VI – Progressivism, Part II
- Lazy Sunday VII – Deep State
- Lazy Sunday VIII – Conservatism
- Lazy Sunday IX – Economics, Part I
- Lazy Sunday X – Economics, Part II
- Lazy Sunday XI – Walls
- Lazy Sunday XII – Space
- Lazy Sunday XIII – Immigration
- Lazy Sunday XIV – Gay Stuff
- Lazy Sunday XV – Work
- Lazy Sunday XVI – #MAGAWeek2018
- Lazy Sunday XVII – #MAGAWeek2019
- Lazy Sunday XVIII – SubscribeStar Posts
- Lazy Sunday XIX – Music
- Lazy Sunday XX – The Laziest Sunday
- Lazy Sunday XXI – Travel
- Lazy Sunday XXII – Reading
- Lazy Sunday XXIII – Richard Weaver
- Lazy Sunday XXIV – Education
- Lazy Sunday XXV – Techno-Weirdos
- Lazy Sunday XXVI – Small Town Living
- Lazy Sunday XXVII – Bric-a-Brac
- Lazy Sunday XXVIII – World History
- Lazy Sunday XXIX – The New Criterion
- Lazy Sunday XXX – Trump, Part I
- Lazy Sunday XXXI – Trump, Part II
- Lazy Sunday XXXII – Festivals
- Lazy Sunday XXXIII – Virtue Signalling
- Lazy Sunday XXXIV – The Desperate Search for Meaning Series
- Lazy Sunday XXXV – Corporate Grind
- Lazy Sunday XXXVI – Best of the Reblogs, Part I
- Lazy Sunday XXXVII – Best of the Reblogs, Part II
- Lazy Sunday XXXVIII – Best of the Reblogs, Part III
- Lazy Sunday XXXIX – A Very Dokken Christmas Series
- Lazy Sunday XL – Christmas Carols
- Lazy Sunday XLI – Food
- Lazy Sunday XLII – 2019’s Top Five Posts
- Lazy Sunday XLIII – Music, Part II: More Music
- Lazy Sunday XLIV – SubscribeStar Saturday Posts, Part II: The Search for More Money
- Lazy Sunday XLV – Techno-Weirdos II
- Lazy Sunday XLVI – Man Time
- Lazy Sunday XLVII – Winning
- Lazy Sunday XLVIII – Culture
- Lazy Sunday XLIX – Family